Friday, June 29, 2007

Meeting Friends

As you know from reading this blog, I love jazz. For my page on MySpace, I went to various other pages to invite people to be a friend. Of course, I went to Dean Koontz, Sisters in Crime, Mystery Writers of America, Westwood's Mystery Bookstore in California, and various crime magazines. I also had fun inviting some of the jazz greats like Pat Metheny, Allen Vizzutti and Herbie Hancock. Quincy Jones is there too. Also, two House of Blues sites. In looking at the info on the page for trumpeter Sal Cracchiola and his wife, Melanie Jackson, a singer, I saw Sal had played in some of the same bands our oldest son had. So I sent a message asking if he by any chance knew our son.

He does! Said they'd been mentored by trumpeter Bobby Shew. Apparently they toured Japan with the Clayton-Hamilton Orchestra and have played other gigs together. When I told my son, he said, "Of course I know him! He's a good friend."

What great fun to make this connection.

Now I'll have to go looking for other musicians. Maybe Bobby Shew has a page there too.

Dee Ann
heists2683@mypacks.net
http://www.deeannpalmer.com
http://www.myspace.com/deeannpalmerwriter

Posted by Dee Ann Palmer 10:37 PM 0 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------------------------------